The Government Polytechnic, Pune, was established in the year 1957.
Thirtyseven years later, in May 1994, the institute was awarded academic autonomy.Today
it houses in its 28 acre campus, a main building, students hostels, classrooms for
various faculties including Electronics & Computers, Library, Canteen, post
office and other facilities and has the capacity to groom more than 300 students
in various engineering fields every year.